Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy 6th Anniversary! & Utah Trip

A few weeks back Mitch and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary. We took a part family/part couple trip to Utah. Mitch's parents are on a mission at Temple square and Natalie his sister lives down there so we thought it would be great to go visit for the weekend. We had a great time. Mitch and I got to spend a day just the two of us while we left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa and then with Natalie and Justin for the night. The kids had a blast. Lexie got to bake with Grandma and then Nat and Justin took the kids swimming. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa & Nat and Justin. We love you!
Mitch and I didn't do anything spectacular just got to hang out together. One thing that we did do was see the Joseph Smith the Prophet of Restoration at the JSMB in the Legacy Theater. Elder & Sister Johnson had a shift that night and so we went to see them hard at work and then watched the movie. What an amazing movie-Can I just say that my testimony of the mission and life of Joseph Smith was strengthend. He truly was a prophet of God. I would definately recommend it to anyone. Plus it makes for a cheap date. We did get to eat at PH Chang's too. Yummy!!!! Natalie and Justin were keeping the kids over night so we got a Hotel Room
Saturday is Elder and Sister Johnson's P-day so we got to watch Justin play water polo - go Utes! and then the girls did a little shopping at Gardner Village and Thai Pan Trading. Yippee!!!! I ran into an old friend - Brittany Livingston, it was fun to see her and sat hello. Then we got to go to the General RS broadcast at the conference center. We had awesome seats. It helps having in-laws with a few connections. What an amazing experience. You couldn't help but feel the spirit when just walk into the conference center with ~20,000 of my fellow sisters in the gospel. Then to listen to the messsages that the Sisters and Pres. Uchtdorf shared. WOW!!! It's like they were speaking directly to me - I guess that's kinda how the spirit works. Right?

Then on Sunday, Natalie watched our kids while Mitch and I went to the live broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. Can I just say another great recommendation. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was, of course, AMAZING. It's just amazing to me and a testimony to me that the Lord is really at the head of His church. Temple Square is so organized, peaceful and planned, the complete opposite of chaos. We will definately go again and take our kids, they do have a cry room for children under 8.

Here are a few pictures.

This is the only picture I have from the General RS broadcast. Well I have some on my phone. Maybe oneday they'll make it to the computer. WE actually had a little miscommunication and none of us ended up bringing our camera. The view behind is from Wayne and Dora's condo. They couldn't have asked for a better view its great of the whole city and just across from the Conference Center.



This is the Conference Center notice the building in the top right corner, that's where they live.


Justin teaching Tanner how to blow bubbles in the water.

Natalie and Lexie afer swimming.

I love all the cute witches at Gardner Village. Lexie would not look at us because "it's too bright."






3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

That shopping place sounds like a fun place! We will have to go sometime!

Nat and Justin said...

I tagged you on my blog! :)

Brett and Tiffany said...

I tagged you!