Friday, November 14, 2008

The Big 26

Well its that time of year again...time for me to turn one year older. I can't belive how time flys. I still think that I am only 21. I think I will just stay that age for a while. If you know my daughter; she's just like her mother. She's been planning my birhtday party for weeks. She wanted to make me a cake. This is the cake that Alexa made. Mitch said she made 92% of it. Yes she decorated it and evn wrote the word "Mom" all by herself. Then that night she kept saying mom we need to call all your friends and have them over for cake and the party. We didn't have a big party but just a nice one with a few visitors that stopped by.
Thanks for the giant Cupcake Jesser! It was super cute and very yummy!

Me blowing out the candles on my cake and cupcake.
26 things that I love and/or that I am grateful for...
1. Mitch-he always makes me laugh and how he's such a great Dad
2. Alexa-she's so sweet & thoughtful with a tiny bit of spice
3. Tanner - just the coolest little man
4. My best friend and sister Wendy
5. Mom - her love and support and I am so thankful for all she has taught me
6. Dad - his quiet example and love
7. Great Family-in-laws (Brothers & Sisters and Mitch's amazing Parents)
8. Mitch's Job & great employers
9. My Job & great owner of the complex I work for
10. My calling - Nursery singing teacher
11. Loving Family & Friends
12. a wonderful community to live in
13. wakeboarding
14. swimming
15. scrapbooking
16. throwing a party
17. shopping
18. Chocolate covered cinnamon bears
19. eating at Red Lobster
20. decorating for Holidays
21.watching a good movie
22. bags & jackets
23. The gospel
24. Prayers - answered and unanswered
25. I am grateful for our Prophet Pres. Monson
26. My Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

k. attempt like #89. will you email me??? tiffanydansie@gmail.com

Brett and Tiffany said...

Great cake Alexa!! You are just like your mom...always thinking of others! Cari, glad you had a happy birthday!

Jennifer V said...

Happy Birthday Cari! Long time, no see! We just started a family blog, but it's private. Send me an email with your address and I'll add you!

voelkelfamily at hotmail dot com

Michelle said...

Love your blog, Great Costumes, I like the sticker about the Ass Family even though nobody left a comment about it.

Andrea said...

Great list...it's always so nice to remember to be thankful.
And I love that cupcake...I need it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I loved reading your grateful list. Chocolate cinnamon bears are yummy. Can't wait to see you guys soon