My mom decided that for our family get together this year we should go camping. We had it all planned until we were reminded by the lovely Idaho weather that camping might not be the greatest idea. It was going to be windy, rainy, highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's. We found a condo/cabin to say at on Henry's Lake and made a few adjustments to our plan. It was a cold weekend in August but we still had fun. We went to Yellowstone National Park one day. My vote was that if we went there that we do the North Loop because we always do the south loop and see Old Faithful (which is cool but after so many times it's not special). Plus we had heard that most bear sightings are on the north loop somewhere. Pictures to follow. The next day we went to Mesa Falls, I don't know what it is about that but...it is so beautiful and breath-taking; then we stopped at Bear Gulch and did a little 4-wheeler riding along Warm River to Warm River Springs.
Our little family doing a little hike at Mammoth Hot Springs Terraces. We had never hiked around here before. It still amazes me how beautiful this place is and is another testimony that Earth was created by Christ under the direction of God.
My Mom and Dad at Mammoth Hot Springs Terraces.
All the kids. Alexa, Tanner, Brekka, Brae and Brody.
I know these next pictures aren't great but I have to show you the two bears and mountain sheep we saw. Days like this I wish we had a better camera. The pictures above is a black bear. It wasn't very far away but it was a small bear and road we were on was right along the side of a mountain side and he was right there so I was just about standing on top of the car to take the picture.
The little blob next to the tree is the Griz we watched roam the mountain side for about an hour.
I don't know how Mitch spotted this Mountain sheep but did. I have heard there were mountain sheep in Yellowstone but never seen one. So here is proof. We didn't see any buffalo this whole trip which is odd. It must be that we took a different route.
This is just the cutest little boy ever snuggling up with his dad after being in a car all day and not wanting to finish the little hike back from Tower Falls.
My little family again...at Mesa Falls. That little boy in back ground ran in the picture at the last min. Oh well.
The whole family minus the picture poopers...Mitch and Micheal I think they were about pictured out.
2 comments:
I love it! I love that you guys are the campers and quaders. I was so suprised that your mom talked my mom into quading for a whole day! Now I do know even though I may not share that my love for the outdoors with both my parents I at least have cousins and an aunt and uncle that enjoy camping too!!! Nolan and I love camping and can't wait until I'm not preggers to go again!!!
What a great trip! That is neat you were able to see so much wildlife.
Post a Comment