Well Mitch and I had a very interesting experience yesterday... About a week ago I was talking with one of the mom's of a little girl in Lexie's dance class and she said that she tries to do 5 new things every year. Not just her but her family. I thought that was a good idea. Then she asked if I had heard that there was going to be a Sumo wrestling tournament here. I am not a huge fan but I have noticed that Mitch has watched it a few times on ESPN and thought I would mention it to him. He said he would be interested in going and I thought that it would be a good chance to go on a different date. Well different it was , BUT fun. I felt like a college kid again.
I think I mostly expected to see what you see on TV, but it was far from that. When they announced the first guy to come out... a 175 pound guy came out in his little thong or diaper thing-whatever they're called. I just laughed. He was actually quite fit and good. To spare you the details the smallest guy was 175 lbs. and the largest was 750 lbs. I learned what Sumo wrestling is and that it's not just Asian's that do it, several were from here in Idaho. One of the guys is the current US Open Sumo Champ and I think he was from Mongolia.
It was quite an experience. Mitch said he would do it agian. I haven't decided. It was fun doing something different and I would encourage everyone to step outside your comfort zone and try something new.
Anyone who reads this that's from Burley and maybe remember's the Smoker (boxing) thats what it reminded me of. It was a lot like that because it was at the Junior High - just a different sport. Everytime I think about it...I just keep laughing!!!
9 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Cari, it is your cousins down in sunny Arizona!! I just got your christmas card today. You guys are so cute!! I noticed you have a new address so did you get our christmas card? I sent them over a week ago? I just started a blog so add us to your links it is
shaunandleahfam.blogspot.com
Sounds like you are doing well and we sent you a little something in mail for Christmas, hope you like it!!
love, Leah
Post a Comment