I think that we have been planning this weekend (Memorial Day weekend) for probably about 3 months. Since Mitch and Mike are such avid fisherman they needed a weekend of just fishing. Opening day at Henry's Lake is the Saturday before Memorial Day so why not make a weekend of it. That's just what we did. We took up Mitch's parents' "cruisin condo" - motorhome and went camping. We took our boat and had a great time crusin the lake, fishing, and eating. I think that Nat and Justin had the best luck fishing. I am sure that Mitch will have plenty of great days ahead. I still can't beleive how amazing the weather was, it was beautiful. Mitch kept saying, "opening day is never this nice." I think it was because I was there." I don't think I would have lasted in nasty weather. Here are a few fun pictures. They are a little out of order, but that's ok.

Tanner being cheesy. Yes, you'll notice his girly pj's. We left his bag at home and luckily I had a pack of diapers and wipes in the car until Tiffany brought us his bag on Sunday. Thanks Tiff. He wore the same clothes and Lexi's Pj's.

Justin and Tanner with the fish Justin caught.

Lexie and cousin Conner enjoying the wild boat ride.

Sleepy fisherman (Brett and Mitch). 5am fishing kicks in 9 hours later. I think we (everyone, I was off and on with the kids) were on the lake from 5 am - 9pm with a 2 hour break for dinner and rain.

Lexie fishing with her Barbie fishing pole.

Cousin Whitney and Tanner. Whitney was such a trooper; helping with the kids and going without the luxury of a shower for 3 days.

Tanner being silly with Whit's help.

I told Mitch if we went up for the whole weekend we were not taking the boat out on Sunday. We thought it would be fun to go to Yellowstone on Sunday. The rest of Mike and Brett's families came up and joined us for a great adventure. Mitch and Tanner on our hike near Old Faithful.

Mitch and me with Old Faithful erupting.

Our little family watching and waitng for Old Faithful.

All of us on the backside of Old Faithful doing a little hike. Mitch and family, Nat and Justin, Mike and family, & Brett and Family. We love having family so close to hang out with. Thanks for all the fun everyone. Thanks for coming to Idaho Nat. We love it when you come.

After our little hiking adventure we found a little spot for a quick picnic. Thanks for lunch Mike.
Yeah, it was a lot of work to get ready to go but well worth it. Camping is fun! Yipee! Thanks for the party Johnson's and Crumps! We love you all! Who else could fit 11 people into a car...only the Johnson's. Brett and Tiff''s van broke down on the way back from Yellowstone. We were ahead of them so Mike and Laurie picked them up in there Avalon. It was funny to watch them pile out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment